Monday, April 28, 2014

Latest (non)Happenings

Here is a non-happening if I ever saw one:



 Every mid-morning Kiska lays behind the couch because she knows the sunny patch will be there.
 She lays there until the sunny patch moves past her, but if she loves the sunny patch so much, I don't know why she doesn't move along the carpet with it. I suppose she's probably too lazy, or she's in a deep doze and doesn't realize the patch has moved on.


 Here is another non-happening:


Sometimes when I go to the commissary I like to pick "novelty items" like this coconut, just to try something new.  I have never bought one before, and I don't know how to open it.  This coconut and I have had a "stare-down" for the past couple weeks now, as I figure out what I'm supposed to do with it.  I know it's not going to open itself, so I did a little research and got some idea on how to end this game.  I will deal with him later. (heh, heh, heh)

But this is something that I happened to finish today:


It's a little early, but that's a switch for me, since I tend to run late on getting these kinds of things done and sent out.  I finished my mom's package.  Made some little envelopes for some Ghirardelli chocolates.  I forgot how to spell it, but you know what I mean.  And I wanted to share some really good Tazo mint tea with her, which are not in individually wrapped packages, and I didn't want them to dry out or lose any of their potency, so I slipped them in little plastic gift bags and wrapped some ribbon around it, and also added a tag that I made.  She likes mint, so I know she will like that tea.  It's really good!  (my hubby bought a tin of it for me at Starbucks and I am trying not to use it all up too fast)


I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but the yellow things are little tiny shopping bags.  I found a "Memory Box" die for them at the Stamp Cache in Palmer.  I thought they were so cute so I added them onto this wrapped candy bar to dress it up.  They are just big enough to put a wrapped lifesaver in.  (I wonder if my  mom will think to look inside them)

And this is a picture of a pillow box that I made.  It has chocolate covered pomegranates in it.  I know I shouldn't send my mom so much chocolate, but the holidays are really the only time she eats candy, and I know she won't eat it all in one sitting.  Besides, I only bought her "sophisticated" chocolates, which isn't quite as bad, right?



Since I'm on here, wanna see how big my pumpkin plants are getting?


As you can see, they are "happening", but I'm getting concerned about the bottom leaves turning yellow.  I read that it could be a number of things, I'm mostly suspicious that they are deficient in nitrogen.  But I don't know.  Maybe they are getting too big for the pots.  I might have to transplant them soon.  But, since they are probably the most finicky plants on the planet, I don't expect them to live anyway.  I read that pumpkin plants are "teasers".  They grow really good at first, giving you a lot of hope, and then they die.  I read on someone's blog that even in North Carolina they are extremely tricky to grow.  So it's nice to know that the problem isn't just me.  I find it very unfortunate that the vegetable that I want the most, is the one that is next to impossible to grow.   Why is that???

But, spring is definitely here now and I am glad for that.  The temps have been in the high 50s, forecast is calling for low 60s this weekend!  Me and hubby have taken up bicycle riding, which is fun, and it feels good to get some exercise again.  I'm sure we will be looking for some good bike trails to ride on soon.

So....until the next thing happens...............have fun, enjoy your spring weather, and take care!



1 comment:

  1. I love all the things for your mom! The colors, the butterfly, the chocolate - - - - all of it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete