Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mid November Already??

Wow, time really flies!  It seems like I just got done with Halloween yesterday, and next week is Thanksgiving already??  No way!  Oh, the pressure!!  There are so many things I am trying to accomplish and deadlines keep getting closer and closer like an ominous giant tidal wave.
I only use that expression because I am reading a historical novel right now called "Isaac's Storm", and it's about the massive hurricane that hit Galveston, TX in the year 1900 (true story!).  So I got water on my mind.  Lots and lots and lots of water.

Anyhoo, I digress.  I don't have anything going on; I just didn't want too much time to go by without writing something.  For the past several days, me and my sewing machine became inseparable "besties", and together, we got quite a bit accomplished which makes me feel a little better.

I got two quilt tops finished.  This one is for one of my sisters.


Believe me, it looks better in person.  It's called the "Friendship Star" quilt.  You can find the UTube video for it on the Missouri Star Quilt Co. website.  It's really easy to make, and I needed a pattern that used big blocks because I wanted to use different kinds of Alaskan fabrics.  

The other quilt top I can't show you cuz it's for someone who checks my blog every now and then, and I don't want her to see it.

I am glad these are both finally ready to quilt, but the pressure is still on to get this one done and sent out in a Flat Rate box before Christmas.
The other one can wait until whenever I get it done.

But it's kinda hard to get things done when you have a cat sitting in the middle of your work.
For some reason, she gets very interested in what I'm doing and watches everything I do.


When she's not sitting on my work, she's hogging the heat:


She loves to sit on the vent when the heat is coming out of it, just like Bossy used to do.

After I got the quilt tops made, I took the time to make a few dish rags for the church building cuz it seems like we are always short of those.


I wanted to make more, but I used a small old bath towel, and it only gave me four dish rags.  I'll probably make more later if I notice we still could use some more.  Good way to use up old bath towels.

Anyway, I was glad to finally put my sewing machine away for now.  And now we can finally use the dining table for its intended use of eating meals.  I'm hoping this weekend to get this quilt sandwiched and ready to quilt, but I can't do that without first running to the store for some batting and some back panel fabric.

In the meantime, my other big project is the Christmas cards!!  It took me a long time to figure out my Christmas card design.  I tried 3 different designs and asked Chuck which one I should go with.  He picked one, so that's what I'm going with.

Because of the pressure to get these quilts done, I only got the first tiny little step done.


I cut out 50 trees while watching a TV show on Netflex  (multi-tasking!)

I got such a  long long way to go, but it's a start.  One less thing to do.

I guess I could work on the next step until I get to the fabric store.
Then I gotta pair up with my "bestie" again, and eat my meals standing up at the counter.
I know it bugs Chuck, but he's been pretty good about not complaining.

Next week we are going to North Pole again to visit Steph, and I'm not sure if I will post again before then.  If not, I wish you all a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!!



No comments:

Post a Comment