Monday, April 27, 2015

Her First Phone Call Home




This morning I received my first phone call from PW.  That is her on the right with her finger on her ear.  I can understand why she did that cuz I could hear a lot of noise in the background and now I can see where it was coming from.  I gathered from browsing through the pictures that it looks like the drill sergeants instructed them to stand in formation and pull their cell phones out of their personal belongings and then gave them a certain amount of time to call someone.  She was talking pretty fast and didn't say much, but she did actually sound like she was doing okay!  :-)  And that was what I mostly needed to know, but we also needed her address.  She wouldn't (or couldn't?) give me her address, but told me that she was in "Echo 113".  I didn't know until later that that meant she was in Echo Company, 1st Battalion, 13th Regiment.  And from that, Chuck was able to find her on their Facebook.  They just posted some pictures today and I think (but not sure) that they post pictures every other Monday.  There are all kinds of information on the Facebook page that I still need to read, but according to that, her graduation date will be July 2nd.

Here are a few other pictures of her that I found:



 Here they had just gotten loaded off of some white buses. (this was before she called me, according to the sequence of the pictures in the photo album on FB)
far right, back row



From what I gathered, they got separated into their four color groups.

She is in the "yellow" group, which, according to the Facebook page, means she's in the 4th Platoon (the Yellow Renegades).  And with that, we have her address!!  So I will definitely be writing her a letter today.

I can't wait until they post more pictures!!  This is only the beginning.  I hope to see photos of the adventures that are soon to come.  There are more pictures than these with her in it, but these are the best ones.  I am downloading all of them as I find them, and will make a scrapbook for her.  Oh dear, another scrapbook to do............................


No comments:

Post a Comment