Monday, December 7, 2020

December 2020

 Well, here I am again.  This will be a very boring post because I really don't have any gossip for you.  I'm just writing because I'm waiting for my cake to get done in the oven.  Is that a good reason, or what?


So I will just share a few photos that I took during the past couple weeks.

This is our neighbor dog "Einstein".  He belongs to someone a couple houses away down the road, but he might as well belong to us.


One Sunday afternoon we came home from church, and as soon as we opened the door, he came right in with us, as if he belonged here.  It took us all afternoon to find out where he lived because no one was answering both phone numbers attached to his collar.  So we called our neighbor and he told us where he belongs.  So I walked him over there and no one was home, but strangely enough, the front door was cracked open.  Einstein went right in and I didn't know if that was a good thing or not because I wasn't sure if we had the right house, and what if he was just walking in there like he walked into mine?  I knocked on the door, but no one was home, so I shut the door tight so Einstein couldn't get back out and went back home, not sure if I did the right thing.  


He's been here a few times since then.  Just this past Saturday he was here again.  It was zero degrees out, and apparently he was locked out of his house (again) because he was cold and hungry.  I gave him some snacks and let him warm up until he wanted to go back out.  But later he was whining and scratching on our door, so we let him back in.  Then later we let him back out.  But then he was back again whining and scratching on our door.  Poor thing.  When it was dark out, we let him out one last time and he didn't come back.  I have no idea what his owner is doing, but one of these days I hope to go over there and meet them.

Here is our grand-baby Pumpkin.  She is SO ADORABLE!!




Too bad she lives in Fairbanks.  I hardly get to see her.  :-(

 
We had a "winter wonderland" scene a few weeks ago, so I took this picture of our back yard.


My sun room hardly looks like a warm sunny place right now.  The windows are all frosted up.



And here is my very own brand new helmet!  We got our snow machines back, but we didn't get our helmets back, so we had to go buy some new ones.  Now we just need a weekend to go.



Here is our next house project.  Painting the kitchen.  That orange color has to go.  If you like orange walls in your kitchen, I don't know what to say.
In this picture, the samples look blue, but they are different shades of grays and tans.
I've got them narrowed down to two - Asiago or Gilded Linen.  I'm kinda leaning towards Asiago, and Chuck is leaving it up to me, so we should be ready to paint when Chuck is.  But that poor guy is overworked all the time, so I don't wanna pressure him.



Peeka found a sunny spot next to my pumpkin.  I recently baked and pureed the remaining pumpkins that I had left because they kinda clash with my Christmas decor, don't ya think?  They will look much better in a pie crust.




And now Peeka found a spot under my Christmas tree.






My cake will burn if I don't take it out 10 minutes ago, so that is all she wrote.

Happy December!


No comments:

Post a Comment