Friday, October 19, 2018

Nature Walk


I love nature walks, don't you?  Especially in the Fall when the weather is cool but the sun still feels warm, and the smell of dead leaves permeates the air.
Sniiiiiiffffffffffff!   Ahhhhh.........!

That is what we did last Saturday evening.   The weather was perfect so we couldn't resist going for a walk.



I know there's still more green than red, yellow, and orange, but we're getting there.




This is the St. Joseph River.



We came across this "tepee" in the woods.  I'm sure it's luring for little kids to go in there, but you ain't gonna see me going in there!


I like roads that have big trees forming a canopy from both sides:





Also in this park sits (supposedly) the largest barn in the state.  I didn't get a picture of it, but it was pretty big and it's a historical marker.  The funny thing was that while me and Chuck were walking around I told him, "this looks like a good place to have a wedding."  When we got to the barn area, there happened to be a wedding going on.

Anyhoo ----- good news!  We got word that our stuff is supposed to be here next week!  Yee-HAW!

My scrap booking area is READY!


Since we got rid of some of my old stuff, I knew I would need some new tables, so we went to Rural King and found these.  

Rural King is a store that we just happened upon by chance when we were driving through Niles, MI.  We never heard of Rural King before, but we were interested in it cuz on the outside it kinda looked like a Fleet Farm.  So we went in there to look around and they are kinda like a Fleet Farm, only bigger.  They have SO MUCH stuff in there!  I think we are probably gonna be going there a lot.  They even sell baby chicks in there.  You can hear them peeping when you get in that area of the store.  They are so cute and fluffy!

Those three long shelves on the wall is where the previous owner used to keep his model trains.  They will work perfectly for storing my punches!  
But unfortunately, I need to clean them off.


I don't know what that guy was using to anchor down his trains, but when he removed them, they left this sticky black stuff.  I need to try and get all that off.  That will be my next house project, aside from painting.  We are currently working on painting the guest bedrooms.  We had to prime them first, but we couldn't finish priming cuz the step stool that we have needs to be just 3" higher (we have really high ceilings in this house).  So we either wait for our taller step stool to come next week, or we borrow one from the neighbor lady.  I think we will probably borrow one from her cuz this weekend would be a good time to get those rooms painted.

So this morning I saw my first spider in this house.  I knew it was only a matter of time.
I wanna go back to Alaska.

The battery in my camera went dead, so I probably won't post now again until after our stuff comes.  I thought I brought the charger with me on the road, but since I can't find it anywhere, I can only hope the movers are bringing it.

Toodle-loo!




No comments:

Post a Comment