Wednesday, January 24, 2018

My Poor, Poor, Poor, Poor Begonia!

A few months ago a lady from church gave me this begonia plant.  It was supposed to grow pretty flowers on it, but apparently it wasn't getting enough sunlight cuz it never grew any flowers.  Or at least that's all I can figure.  Other than that, I thought I was doing a pretty good job at keeping it alive.

Until Peeka came along.


She is a very sweet cat, but has one very bad habit.
She likes to chew on my plants, both live and plastic, she doesn't care.


This plant quickly went from standing up straight and proud.....
to wilty.

Peeka had broken one of the stems, so I had to take out a whole stalk.

But she wasn't done with it yet.


I tried and tried to keep her out of my plant, but even if I manage to do this during the day, who's to say what she does during the night when I'm in slumberland?

This is all that's left of it now.



Even if I could revive it, what's the point?  
Do cats ever grow out of this habit?
Or is she hardwired for it for good?
What should I do with this plant?

Here is my other plant that she chewed up.
This used to be what they call a "money tree".
I forgot what it's real name is, but it doesn't matter cuz it's not fit to bring me any fortune now.


So, do I give up on having any live plants altogether?
Good thing for her, I don't have a dieffenbachia.
I still have one more plant that she hadn't touched yet, but it's only a matter of time, I'm sure.

I suppose you all heard about our earthquake.  They say it was 7.9 or 8.0.
When I heard it was that high, at first I didn't believe it cuz it didn't feel any worse than other earthquakes we've had.  8.0 is pretty big.

But I guess we didn't feel the big impact because it was far away, and it was really deep under the ground.  So we just got a good shaking and swaying motion.  I was just crawling into bed when it happened, and at first couldn't figure out what that knocking noise was.  Turns out it was my bookcase hitting against the wall.  Anyhoo, we didn't have it that bad here, but I guess the people closer to it were advised to get to higher ground because of a tsunami warning, which turned out to be only 9" higher than the normal tidal wave.
Better safe than sorry, I guess.

That's all for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment