Friday, May 19, 2017

#9 GET THE MOUSE OUT OF THE HOUSE!

I thought I was done posting blogs before we left for our trip, but one more thing came up to add to my To-Do List  (as if I needed something else to do!)




I don't know if you can see it in this picture very well, but we discovered that we are harboring a fugitive from the outside world.

Every now and then I will see it scurrying across the floor from one end to the other.
What I really don't like is always anticipating it coming out from underneath the stove when I'm in the kitchen.  It does psychological damage to the mind, somehow.

The cats know about it, but the mouse keeps getting the last laugh.

Last night the mouse was chased behind the vent under the fireplace.
I asked Chuck if we could turn the fireplace on and cook it out, but he said that bottom part doesn't get hot.  So we waited for it to come out.  


Every now and then it would appear through the vent.
And pop back in.



Sometimes the mouse would come out and just sit there.  
And Beanie would just sit there looking at it.

But the mouse would disappear into the vent again as soon as Beanie made a move on it.
This was a real "cat and mouse" game.

But one time, the mouse got brave and scampered across the living room floor, and both Beanie and Bossie were onto it while I covered the fireplace with a blanket so it couldn't get back in there.


The mouse got frantic and ran back over there, and kept going back and forth on the blanket, not knowing where to go, and I really thought Beanie was gonna get it cuz she was right on it!
But the mouse was too fast.
While the cats were terrorizing this mouse, it kept darting in all kinds of directions, and I was on the floor with a basket, trying to trap it whenever it came in my direction.
But that thing was FAST, like a ball in a pinball machine.
In those few minutes of excitement, between me and the cats, we ALMOST HAD IT!!
But the the stupid thing ran off and found a different place to hide.

Bossy and I went to bed and left Beanie on patrol all night.
I didn't see a dead mouse laying on the floor anywhere when I got up this morning.

So we still have a mouse in the house........somewhere.
I know it, and the cats know it.
It's not good for the psyche.

I just hope we can rid of this unwanted guest before we leave.
With two cats in the house, how long can this go on?



No comments:

Post a Comment