Sunday, May 17, 2015

Relaxing Weekend


We had a beautiful warm sunny weekend!!  And we FINALLY made it to the cabin!!  In a previous post I told the little story about why we couldn't get there last time.  This time we took our Side x Side, but we still could've made it in the truck cuz we found that someone had filled in that big mud pit.   So we still didn't get that old bed to the cabin, but that's okay.  Another time.

There really isn't much to tell in this post cuz nothing exciting happened.  It was just a time of quietness, tranquility, privacy, and work.



First, we had to vacuum up all the dead flies.  The cabin is full of them every spring.  Pretty disgusting.  But that's just part of cabin life, I guess.

Then Chuck wanted to cut some wood up.


So while he was doing that, I went for a stroll in the woods to check on my blueberries.  Last year they didn't do well at all.  This year they are looking pretty good -- so far.


After my stroll, Chuck was still cutting wood, so I bleached out the outhouse and got that all cleaned out.  Another one of those spring cleaning projects.


Then I made myself a nice hot cup of tea.


Since the outhouse was nice and clean now, I wasn't afraid to use it.  Therefore it didn't bother me to know that the tea was going to run right through me and I would have to use the outhouse.

So I sat outside on the porch sipping my tea, listening to the sound of Chuck's chainsaw, and admired my clean outhouse.



Soon enough the sound of the chainsaw stopped, so I went over there to see if I could help him with anything.  Now he was splitting the wood and throwing the pieces into piles.


I knew he wanted the wood stacked in the wood shed, so I told him, "if you bring the Side x Side over here, I can load this up".  So he did, probably thankful for a little break, and I loaded the wood into the Side x Side, while he continued to chop away (he's pretty sore today).


And then we stacked it into the wood shed.


All that kindling wood was removed and put onto the porch for easy access before we stacked the new wood.  The wood shed is pretty full now.

After the work was done, Chuck went for a stroll through the woods with me to see the blueberries, and then we took a joy ride on the Side x Side through the trails before we packed up and went home.

There now you see?  It wasn't an exciting weekend.  But it was nice being there.  

How about a big pile of moose poop for excitement?  No?  Well, I tried!



No comments:

Post a Comment